[ SHOWGSD-L ] Strokes in dogs

  • From: Denise Puglisi <kenpuglisi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 16:02:45 -0400

*On Friday my girl Blaze was her usual happy self.  At 1:30 she was still
herself.  I came home at 4:00 to find her paralyzed on her left side, front
and rear.  I used a towel under her belly and got her outside in her
favorite spot thinking this was a temporary thing.  Called my vet and had
him scheduled to come out Saturday morning, he said to keep her comfortable
and give her some pred in case of any swelling.  I was with her all evening
Friday and basically kept her calm when she tried to get up which she
couldn't.  She wasn't crying in pain she just seemed confused.  Around
11:00pm I gave her some ace to help her sleep and keep calm through the
night, she had taken ace on quite a few occasions (4th of July and real bad
storms).  She had passed by 8:00am Saturday morning.*
**
*This girl was by my side no matter what I was doing or where I was on this
15 acres.  Never had to house train her, she just knew. She knew what I was
going to do just by the way I walked, knew bedtime when I unplugged my
Kindle or shut the back door.  *
**
*OMG I miss this girl and all her hair floating around the house.  Miss her
at the bottom of the steps waiting for me to come downstairs to make coffee
for me and breakfast for her.  She is buried right by the horse fence where
she liked to hang out.  She was only 10.....*