[ SHOWGSD-L ] Strider retires with his #75 BOB

  • From: Kay Springer <showgsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 13:50:17 -0700

At the German Shepherd Dog Club of Oregon's show this weekend, under
judge Rita Sandell, Ch. Rohan's Reward TC,CGC,HT,CD,RE,CHIC was Best
of Breed over several lovely specials.  And his daughter Scherzar's
Wicked (Amber) won the 12-18 class and went on to Reserve Winners
Bitch. Amber's dam is Ch.Scherzar's Cinnamon Twist and is owned by
Janice Staley, Kay Springer & Channing Sheets.
Both dogs were handled by their one and only handler and my good
friend Art Sinclair and groomed and conditioned by Tracy Radigan.
Thank you both for making these two look so good.

This was Strider's 75th Best of Breed win with wins from both
specialty and all breed shows.   Strider will be going into semi-
retirement only showing selectively to stay in practice but will be
coming back out as a veteran when the time is right. In the mean time,
he will be working on his CDX and is already learning Utility
exercises. In the last few weeks, he has won multiple all breed BOBs,
a Group One, Group 4  and now a BISS!  I was very happy to get this
last BISS under such a well respected judge as Rita Sandell as it  was
under her that Strider showed at his first specialty show winning a
five pt. major reserve from the 12-18 class.

It has been great fun campaigning him.   He is so special to me always
trying to please me in everything I ask of him.  Big thanks to his
breeder, Bobbie Kindy for allowing me to own such a special guy; to
Art Sinclair for picking him out for me and guiding his show career to
some spectacular wins ( #5 GSD 2009, Eukanuba BOB 2008, Multiple BISSs
& Group 1s) and to Tracy Radigan for conditioning and grooming him to
perfection.

Thanks to all of Strider's friends for supporting him during his career.

It it with mixed emotions that we enter into this next phase of
showing but it is time to move on to Strider's kids ---- Scherzar's
Wicked, Scherzar's Son of a Witch and Jezra's C-R Zahara of
Showboat....the next generation.

Multi BISS & Multi Group Winning
Am. & Int'l. Ch. Rohan's Reward TC,CGC,HT,CD,RE,CHIC
#5 & #6 GSD 2009
Sire: Sel. Am. & Sel. Can. Ch. Witmer's Jamiroquai ROM
Dam: Sel. Am. Ch.Utopia's Blast From The Past ROM
Breeders: Bobbie Kindy & Kathy Aubrey
Owner's:  Kay Springer & Melanie Elder

Kay Springer
www.showboatgsd.com