[ SHOWGSD-L ] Stormy's in the news!!!!!!! hooray!

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 15:25:47 -0400

from a recent issue of the Dog Press   (online dog newspaper)  note the
credit given to our own Stormy Hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
   you can subscribe to this online newspaper for free here:
https://www198.safesecureweb.com/thedogplace/freeservices_info/registrationform.cfm

shared by Peggy

The California Federation of Dog Clubs, formed in 1990, incorporated as
a 501c3 in 1992, has been "in the trenches" defending CA animal owner's
property rights  in partnership with TAC, CFA, NAIA, AKC, and now
PetPAC. At one time, we had statewide support of our organization, but
the dog fancy being what it is, it's hard to keep up the interest when
there is no crisis.

CFODC was right there when HB 1634 was introduced. It was myself,
Judythe Coffman, VP-CFODC and our treasurer, Stormy Hope, who originally
emailed 1300 veterinarians to advise them of CVMA's support of the bill
with no input from their members.

Subsequently, Stormy Hope and several hundred volunteers, one in
particular, Lisa Swoboda, gleaned 3200 veterinarian's contact info,
one-by-one, from CVMA's website and organized volunteers to ... send
letters to each veterinarian, sometimes personally visiting the vet's
offices in their areas. Dr. John Hamil, former president of the CVMA
added his opposition at the annual conference in late June as well as
testifying at the senate committee hearing, and NAIA put up a petition
on their website for vets to sign. Several groups of vets wrote and
expressed their opposition to the bill as well as their outrage that
CVMA would support such a bill with no input from their members.

So it was a huge joint effort that resulted in CVMA pulling their
support of CA AB1634.  CA fanciers need to stay together and support the
organizations that have the knowledge and experience to battle the
ongoing assaults on their private property rights by the AR movement.
Editor's note: see "Sleeping Dogs" and "Goose Cooked" on Page Two.
<http://www.thedogpress.com/PAGETWO/2007.htm>Dog people are becoming
cleverly proactive as noted in Therapy Dogs Threatened!