[ SHOWGSD-L ] Stand by your man

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 22:48:00 EDT

In a message dated 9/1/2007 7:25:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
triplea7@xxxxxxx writes:
Evan as usual you are the ultimate voice of reason. My Father taught many
things, but the most important was that "The truth never needs a  defense".
Keep up your great work. I know that a majority of us on the  list really
appreciate all the hard work you  do.

I hate to admit it, but this came at a good time. I have been getting
privated "blasts" for speaking up. But, I am a big supporter of the GSDCA as
well
as the AKC. I know it is popular to complain about what is done, but if we  are
not willing to stand up and do the work, we can and do expect those who are
elected to do what we can't for one reason or another.  We must remember  that
they are willing to do this.

We have a great breed, a great club, and a hobby that can bring great
rewards. Don't ever forget how hard our board members work. Like the rest of
us,
mistakes can be made, but they are not done with evil intent, or even meaness.
Those who took positions we do not like did so thinking they were doing the
best  they could for our breed, our club and our members.  Being wrong does not

mean the same thing as being ineffective or nasty. They do the best they can,
 and do so for no rewards other than the satisfaction of doing the best they
can.

We owe them all our thanks, and our respect.  We will soon be in  Colorado
and I would ask each of us to go up to a board member and thank them  for doing
the job they do, and standing for the criticism that comes with the  job.
That is little enough to return to them just a little of what they do  for us.

Evan

Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come   together