[ SHOWGSD-L ] St Louis and dust

  • From: "Laurie Pruett" <pruett@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 08:15:58 -0500

I completely expect that the national will not be returning to St. Louis.  =
So=20
be it.  However, the reason for that should only be the difficulty =
flying=20
dogs in because St. Louis lost its hub status a few years ago. (St. =
Louis=20
officials are always working to correct that problem.)  To say that it was =
a bad=20
site, and nothing was done to improve problems the first time around, is =
just=20
plain wrong.  All of the problems were addressed as I see it, and a new =
one came=20
up when people decided to get in that last minute practice with their =
dogs. =20
All I can say about that is surely they saw the dust they were kicking up, =
but=20
it took an announcement to make them stop.  That is not a problem with =
the=20
site.  It is a problem with the people using it. =20

Tom Langlitz

I showed a number of dogs in St. Louis so spent quite a bit of time in the =
stall area bathing and grooming dogs.  The dust problem was bad - my =
equipment is a mess and I'm quite sure I shortened the life on my dryer =
with all the dust that is clogging it.  Everything needed to be washed =
when I got it home.  Yes, the dust was better in the adjouring area, but =
the stall area was not good, IMO.  My dark dogs ( a bi and two blacks) =
were dirty before I could get them from the bathing area back to my =
grooming area.  I can't remember any other national where my equipment or =
my dogs have been as dirty.

Laurie