[ SHOWGSD-L ] St. Louis BBQ'er

  • From: "Gail Rutter" <ruttergsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 10:47:46 -0500

There will be another great BBQ at the Midwest Fut/Mat shows on May 14th at
Purina Farms, and I hope you plan to attend - you'll have a great time -
guaranteed.  This year, however, we have a change in the BBQ'er.
Ron Rutter, noted St. Louis GSD Club BBQ'er, passed away this past Monday at
the age of 52 while working as an LPN, still helping others even at the moment
of death.  This past year, he rebuilt the St. Louis  equipment trailer from the
frame up, and redid all the tables and obedience equipment.  When you come to a
show in St. Louis, you can see the wonderful job he did for the club - the
tables are hand-done and beautiful.

He was always there to help other members by making dog pens for them,
transporting their dogs to other states, and was normally on the clean up/set
up crew for the shows, not to mention being the "main man" at the BBQ grill -
he even BUILT the BBQ grill.  Ron was a club member AND a friend, one who you
could turn to and be CERTAIN to get the help you needed.  If all clubs had
members like Ron, there would be fewer problems in keeping clubs alive and
there'd be alot more fun putting on dog shows.  You missed out if you didn't
know him.

I hope you will think about what HE did for his club and seriously make an
effort to give as much to YOUR club.  We are all ONE in the breed that we love
together, and we should share our talents and efforts to support each other.

Hope to see you in St. Louis.

Gail Rutter
Member, GSDC of St. Louis, Inc.
Member, GSDCA, Inc.