[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Spring

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <grnram415@xxxxxxx>, <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 14:27:16 -0400

Reading this made me laugh.  I've been watching the young squirrels raid my
bird feeders for a few days now...just when I thought I could forget about
those creatures...they've learned to stay away, I thought.  Oh, No, not the
new crop!!!
   And then this morning there was a very strange visitor sitting out on a
tree limb just the other side of my back fence.  Brilliant red, with a black
head.......no other colours that I could see.....and the size of a hawk.
   Now, where is my bird book???  I just have to learn what it
was.........not a woodpecker...but what???
   And I think I already told of the great blue heron on my neighbor's
roof..............
        Laura is right.  Spring has certainly sprung.
No more surprises here, please!  Even the blackbirds have finally found me
(I can't stand those pesky birds)...
and I thought I was safe from them.  No, there they are, out there on the
patio, brazen as ever.
      I guess I should be happy we don't have bears and coyotes, or even
coydogs, here.........not yet.  What we do have is enough, thanks!
    Everyone have a great day!  Go out and see what kind of birds YOU
have!!!
   Peggy