[ SHOWGSD-L ] Split season?

  • From: Zoa Rockenstein <zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: The list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 13:27:19 -0800 (PST)

 I am not sure what a split season is, but here is the situation.  Last year,
my Sera appeared to come in season in March.  Three days later, she stopped
bleeding.  The was no swelling.  Progesterone was at .2 and did not advance.
No more bleeding.  In June, she came in season again.  She had a normal season
and was successfully bred with no problem.  It has been seven months since her
last season.  She has been living with her co-owner out in Bozeman, MT.  She
appeared to come in season about a week ago and was driven to me in MN to be
bred.  On the way, she quit bleeding on the fourth day.  It should be the 8th
day now, but there has been no bleeding for the last four days.  She is not
swollen and progesterone on day six was .1.  She is urinating frequently, and
my other bitch is very interested in sniffing her.  I am afraid she is going to
make me wait two months again before she really comes in season.  Is there
anyway I can
 regulate this?  I don't want to send her back to Bozeman if she is going to
resume in a few days.  Is this what is meant by a split season?  Is she going
to do this to me every time?  TIA for the advice!!!
Zoa

Dr. Zoa Rockenstein
www.riverrockgermanshepherds.com
Generations of Dually-Titled Champions
and Protective Companions for a Changing World

http://showgsd.org/mail.html