[ SHOWGSD-L ] Speaking of Neighbors

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 15:55:50 -0400

Talk about a scary moment.? Last week, I went to herding, came home and sat
down for a few minutes, for lunch,?before loading up to go to the Ventura AB
shows.? All of a sudden, my front door opened and?a woman walked into my
house.? It was my other neighbor.? She is 84 yrs old and becoming senile.??We
don't have a great relationship.? One of her dogs killed my Yorkie, several
years ago.? Their dogs are obnoxious, untrained and torment my dogs whenever
they can.? I have spent thousands of dollars putting up privacy fencing to
keep?my dogs sane.??
Anyway, my dogs don't know this woman at all.??When she walked in, I saw that
all the gates and the front door were all open.? Not a good thing.??I yelled
for her to shut the door and got between her and the dogs.? Well, they?handled
the incident much better than I.? Gunther barked but with the DM, he wasn't
going?anywhere.? The girls must have realized that I knew her.? They were
startled but then ran up and kissed her and wanted attention.? I think they
thought she was the housekeeper.? Or, maybe, in their infinite wisdom, they
knew she was confused and not a threat.? At any rate, I was very proud of the
dogs for not eating her and not freaking out like I did, LOL!??

I?told on her to her kids.? She was very upset that I did that.??I told her she
can CALL me if?she needs help but she can't walk in my house.? What if I wasn't
home?? Would the dogs?have reacted the same???Yikes!? Guess I better start
locking my doors :-)

Laura???