[ SHOWGSD-L ] Southeast Futurity

  • From: Kathy Potter <tokaye@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 10:59:55 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Mother Nature wasn't kind to us on Futurity Day......but it was a success in
spite of the cold, rain and wind. Congratulations to all of the exhibitors who
entered the shows all week long. There were many BEAUTIFUL dogs
shown......competition was keen. Big Kudos to the working team of the GSDC
Greater Raleigh (my club too)...you put on a great week of shows and made it as
comfortable and 'warm' as possible.

Now I have to brag about our beautiful baby boy...Avalon (Elite Design Avalon v
Tokaye Dershimer). He was Best Futurity Dog and BOF at the SE Futurity. He is
such a 'cool dude', taking absolutely everything in stride and enjoying it all.
A true joy!! Avalon was bred and is owned and loved by me, Sam, Michael &
Debbie.

A huge Thank you to judge Gary Szymczak for the honor. Gary was a trooper. As I
have said the weather was awful!!, but Gary continued to judge with a great
attitude and a friendly smile. Great job Gary. I was told a story by an
exhibitor who had never attended a futurity and mainly showed at All Breed
shows. Her puppy was awarded RFB....and I'll let her owner brag about that. She
enjoyed the shows so much and was so thrilled about the nice things that Gary
said that she will now be joining the Parent Club and coming to more of our
Specialties. This is how we encourage new folks.

Many of my friends were there and had success as well. Congratulations to Joyce
Eberts and Jim & Sheree for the major on Zimbabwe (Bobby); Congratulations to
Peggy Kurz for the Major on Malawi (Chewie); Congratulations to Libby for the
major and championship on Melissa; Congratulations to Ann Schultz for the major
on Walking on Air (Airy) and her other wins. These were all a big 5 points.
Congratulations to Pat and Debbie for the BOM on Player. Thanks to Linda Selmon
for being there to support 'our family'. BIG thanks to Ann for bringing KOBE to
visit. He had a ball and so did we. One picture will stick in my
mind.......this beautiful, elegant, hunky dog trying to make himself small so
that he could crawl under my chair to get to the side of me that had the
'cookies' in my pocket.

And finally.....all of you who know me know how special and important my
relationship with Michael and Debbie is to me. I could never be enjoying this
at this point in my life without them. Michael always has shown my dogs
beautifully. With Debbie the dogs are ready, loved, enjoyed and competitive.
She is such an important part of this team. Thanks Debbie and Mike....it's a
'dream team'.