[ SHOWGSD-L ] Something disaster areas really need

  • From: "Deena Canals" <dc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 22:45:46 -0500

I only spent 8 hours in Biloxi on Tuesday.  I have over 3 dozen fly bites on
my legs.  They are killing me right now.  I hate to imagine what the people
are going through.  We swated at one of the dogs we were trying to catch and
there were easily 3-4 dozen flies that we dislodged just by swatting at him.
The tips of thier ears are bloody.

For most people, it is easiest to send money to help.  And for most of the
charites that is better.  As one guy said today, it is easier for them to
transport a wrapped pallet of water rather than hundreds of Wal-Mart bags.
Plus they can buy much more with the money combined.

But there is still a need for individuals to donate items.  So if you are
sending items to one of the areas and can tuck in some fly/bug spray, they
can use it.  I can't imagine having to go through this everyday while
dealing with all the loss at the same time.

I'll be going back Saturday, hope to have good news that the bitch and
puppies are out. Will let you know.

Deena