[ SHOWGSD-L ] Some non dog history

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 10:54:26 EST

I just hear of the death ,today, of  Motorcycle record  jumping--Evil
Knievel,and I thought of some history. When I starting flying all  over the USA
judging dogs shows,most of the planes were DC3s Tough plane ,very  stable. a
real
workhorse. Probably many of you  youngsters have never seen  one. When you
boarded,since the tail of the plane was on the ground.you boarded  through the
rear,and walked forward at a slant. Once the plane was in the air,it  was
level,of course. Anyway, these planes stopped at a lot of little airports
across the
country. I was flying to judge either in Wash or Oregon  state,when the plane
stopped and landed ( unscheduled) in Montana at some little  town. All the
passengers wondered what the heck was going on. After a 5 minute  wait, the
rear
tail door opened ,and this man walked up through the plane to  First Class.
He had on a white fur cape lined in red satin,with one side flung  over his
shoulder.My jaw dropped. Yes it was Evil Knievel in his younger days
,flamboyant,wealthy and utterly fearless in his jumping. After things settled
down,I
went forward to ask him for an autograph for my 16 yr old son.He had so  many
diamonds rings on his hand,as I watched him sign.I was nearly blinded  <G> and
heavy gold and diamond necklace. Since I had  the guts to  "invade" First
Class--several others went up,but he finally stopped  it. Just one of my
unusual
memories . I'm blessed with having so  many  funny and unusual memories  Helen
Miller  Fisher

products.