[ SHOWGSD-L ] Sold out by our own ( was WHAT THE HELL/ disclaimer)

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, Rikers123@xxxxxxx, cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 10:18:41 EDT

_Rikers123@xxxxxxxx (mailto:Rikers123@xxxxxxx)  writes:
Yes,  why  would he have to apologize ? He didn't write the letter and  is
not
responsible for our thoughts. Freedom of speech ? Now we have a  lawyer  we
hired attacking our board members and getting away  with it ? Who  the heck's

running this looney bin  ?
Denise   Groenewald

Denise, I took a look at the  Review  in question last night and  there was
no
disclaimer that  you'd expect to fond on an editorial page...you  know the
one
that  starts with "the opinions expressed do not represent yada,  yada,
yada...".  I'm sure it was an innocent over site, but one that   probably
made a
messy situation that much worse.
Kathy, member GSDCA,  DVGSDC

Kathy,

While your point is a good one, I am not completely sold out on
it............because............the Review is the magazine of OUR club, a
private club,
and the bottom line is we are having to deal with the bratty  reprisal from a
person we don't want into our membership.

So how did Mr Hunte get a hold of The Review?  Who was the  distinguished
member who gave him a complimentary copy to use against the German  Shepherd
Dog
Club of America?

I do think it is a good idea to implement a disclaimer from here on, but to
penalize Susan (or anyone) for someone's opinion....that's quite a  stretch.
Are we not setting a terrible precedent with this action?   Fixing a whole in
the dam with a band aid?  Are we going to have to go back  to all reviews and
double check the editorials?

Are we all getting sue for saying someone is a brat?  We don't  want  him/her
here?

Where does it stop?

But to print a public letter of apology?  On who's behalf?  I  don't think we
have anything to apologize for.
If nothing else, we are the ones who have been maligned, inconvenienced and
abused (remember the unauthorized use of the PC logo?).

Who is going to bat for US?  Who is looking after the  membership?  I can
tell you who isn't...

Looking back, I think to last September, it does seems like those  supporting
this applicant sold us out, and didn't give a rat ass about our  position.  I
think it is due time to remove them from theirs.

Ileana