[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Sling/Or Not To Sling, That Is The Question!

  • From: myjoygs@xxxxxxx
  • To: acorreia1043@xxxxxxxxxxx, helen@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 08:25:08 -0500

You know I just can't delete enough of a certain one's emails and the little
digs she feels she needs to insert every once in awhile trying to stir up
trouble.  the plain and simple truth in many people's minds who attended the
national, waiting to see a particular dog or bitch in person and gait not twice
or three time as it may be, but to be worked against the best of the best until
the final pick, is exciting for many of us, it makes the show fun, and WORTH
the expense to attend.  Gaiting two or THREE times around the ring and picking
the winners isn't usually what the national is about, we can see that in all
breeds or some specialties.  Quality animals from all over the US and Canada
that many people do not get to see come together at the National and that is
what makes this event so special.  Many went away disappointed last year from
the National and no I did not have a special I am talking as a spectator.  Many
Many beautiful bitches were cut after two or THREE times
 around the ring, not saying that some of the bitches that won didn't deserve
it, this is NOT about who won but about working the animals, after all watching
correct moving dogs is breathtaking to watch and exciting.  The fact that a
judge would apologize for missing an animal in the class to me is admitting
they made a mistake and one was definitely made and should just be admitted and
dropped, AGAIN this is NOT about who placed or won its the quickness in which
it was done and after months of hard work to get the dogs ready was over with
in a few minutes for many, and those who particularly wanted to see that
particular dog or bitch show, missed that chance.  Some dogs take two or THREE
times around before they settle in.  So Helen, just admit that you were a
little to quick to view 50 + or _ and dismiss some of them permanently, some
that may have become better and better as they warmed up.  Judging the National
is just a little bit different then judging other shows  This
  is a show many look forward to and road work their dogs knowing they are
going to be asked to show their heart out.  AGAIN, I am not taking away the
glory of the ones that won, there were many nice ones, its not about who won,
its about who didn't get a chance to perform and show their heart out.

Okay suiting up into my Armour! : )

From: "Helen Franklin"
> "Cindy writes"
> so I waited....and all I can say is THANK GOD I watched the classes but if I
had
> just seen the Specials I would have probably never attended another National
as
> just a spectator. It was awful.
> Dear "Many" Listers,
> May I have your permission to send to these people the wonderful emails I got
> about my judging? I guess I need to ask first.
> Thanks, Helen

MANNER
ALL

AOL at AOL.com.