[ SHOWGSD-L ] Silver Lining Words --

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 10:50:23 EDT

In a message dated 9/25/2005 7:41:52 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
gsdramey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I knew  ALL of the
folks who've passed this year and some of the wonderful dogs as  well.
I'd like to tell all of you what I've mentioned privately to some  who've
had 4 legged family members cross the bridge recently

I have noticed this year has been especially hard on us, but  those of us who
remain have to find a way to go on, and provide what comfort we  can to each
other who remain.

What I have always thought was that it is so much harder on us  than those we
have lost. When we lost a special dog and a close friend a few  years ago, I
had just finished my struggle with cancer. I was struck with the  thought that
had I died, it would have been so hard on those who lived on, and I  would
rather have to deal myself with the pain of  the losses  than to make them
suffer with that.

I am not sure that is a comfort, but it is something that I  had to face, and
have faced over and over in past months.  This year more  than ever we have
stood for the losses of so many and so many more are fighting  to remain with
us for another day.

Let's all send one more card to Joan, Rickie and Tammie  tomorrow, and anyone
else who would need a smile one more time.  Is it not  worth ten minutes of
our time, to make someone feel just a little  better?

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together