[ SHOWGSD-L ] Sick dogs

  • From: Sally <sallyhayden5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showlist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 21:23:19 -0500

Barbara
 you didn't say the symptoms  your dogs have . First sign here was bad stools
going to awful . Only 2 threw up and all stopped eating . Even though I cooked
every thing I could thing of for them  it hit all of them in just 2 days. Yes
get  medication from your vet

 I got mettronidazole  2 x day, vedasorb jr bolus 2x a day and pepto bismol
pills. To sooth the stomach. Believe me it took all of this to get it under
control and prevent dehydration. Also last-12 days and they started eating again

One of the major reasons diamond plant is now recalling most of the foods
produce in that plant is because there is an outbreak of people with salmonella
and it is being traced back to them feeding dog food from this plant.

I doubt people from the west will have any problem as that food comes from a
different plant

My 2 cardigans never got it but they ate a different

Sally

Sent from my