[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Shut Up & Support? Ugh...

  • From: DestinoGS1@xxxxxxx
  • To: inflight2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, CHSweetSun@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 12:45:27 EST

Yes, Mr. Hunte is now a member and there is nothing that we can do about it.
The problem is that people are buying puppies from pet shops.  If there were
no demand for pet shop puppies, Mr. Hunte would be out of the puppy mill
business.  Whether this man is a member of our Parent Club or not, does not
stop
the puppy mills in this country.  Getting the information to the buying public
about their purchases is the problem.  I don't have the answer to stopping
where people purchase their pets.  All I do know is that business goes on where
there is a demand for the product.
I personally feel that ALL pet shops that sell dogs and cats should not
exist.  If the public had to go to a breeder to purchase their pets, we could
control who would own our dogs.  I do not sell to people that I feel are not
the
appropriate home for my puppies, but then again I rarely breed a litter and can
be very selective as to who owns one of my dogs.  I don't believe for one
minute that we can shut down all pet shops, but we can try to get more
information
out to the public as to where they should purchase their pet.  This would
stop some of the demand for the "pet shop" puppy.  Food for thought?   JMO, Mary