[ SHOWGSD-L ] Shiloh Shepherds: AGAIN

  • From: "Penny & Bill" <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Show List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 15:49:03 -0400

People may have "respect" for this breeder--possibly this is because they don't
know (as Paul Harvey would put it) the REST of the story.  I lived in WNY in
the 70-80s--Lawtons, NY is about an hour from what used to be called "SHILOH
SHEPHERDS."  And yes, at that time they WERE AKC registered German Shepherd
Dogs.  He who should not be named used to give his talk on HD there and he
judged matches there--I even went to both a seminar and a match at SHILOH
SHEPHERDS in the early 80s.  Mary Belle Adelman (sp?) was at the match too.  At
that time, Ma Shiloh had between 20-30 GSDs.  I believe in the mid 80's she was
thrown out of the AKC for something--it was then and only then that she
"developed" her own breed.  (LOL--yeah, what else could she do with 20-30 GSDs
that she could no longer register with the AKC?!) She is a great PR person who
could widely appeal to both the novice AND the person who thinks "bigger is
better."  Dedication to health testing?  How about dedication to money!  She
could sell the Brooklyn Bridge, but then we all know people like that.  Since I
used to know her way back when, the comments she makes are laughable.
I saw Gandalf on TV--to me he looks like a bi-color GSD--One thing's for
sure--he's a wonderful worker, no matter what his lineage!
Penny in NY