[ SHOWGSD-L ] Selecting a Grand Victor and Selects

  • From: "Helen" <helenfranklin520@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 18:29:14 -0700

You gave me the opportunity to select these top awards and I will be forever
grateful for your vote of confidence.  I can
now speak "not from sour grapes about NOT having had this opportunity", but
I can speak of what's good and best for

our beloved breed.  We all have ego's and this top selection feels great,
but, but, but, does just one person have the

RIGHT to confer this important award.  I think not.  Luckily, usually good
judges are selected, usually, but not always.

Changing to a system that combines the beliefs and interpretations of more
then one, would result in a better product

for all.  Imagine if athletes in the Olympics were selected by one judge.we
are doing that with the athletes of our

breed of dogs.  One judge will award top honors to a dog with exceptional
motion and forgive lack of breed type.  Another will

select exceptional breed type and forgive lesser front reach.  Still a third
will forgive everything for that exceptional

reach and drive or because it belongs to their best friend.  We have seen
this happen.  Using a panel of breeder/exhibitor judges gives us the best of
all worlds.  It can be done.  It can be easily done.  The question is, do
you want it?

Helen Franklin

It is so much fun to be able to express your ideas like the above ..we can
do this as we become senior citizens and learn

that what is important is to say how we truly feel, not what might be
popular, not what one wants to hear, but honest thoughts.