[ SHOWGSD-L ] Segregation in Clubs

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 10:18:02 -0500

This has been an interesting discussion, but I do find one thing disturbing.
There have been a couple of posts with the elitist all or nothing attitude.

The best clubs in our breed are made up of pet/performance people who like to
work and are made to feel a part of things, and show people who typically have
the experience. Yes, sometimes things go a wry, but most of the time it is an
exellent combination.

Let me stress, if you alienate any other group that isn't a conformation group,
then your club is going to collapse - and I guarantee that. Regional/National
clubs are too much work for one group to put on by themselves - in order for a
club to be successful, you need people from all walks of life..

You also realized by discriminating between groups of people, you are cutting
out potential conformation folks and potential dog folks in general - it gives
the public that impression of elitist - like so many feel already exist in this
sport.

Also, to the performance folks who make issue of the fact that a board is all
conformation people.... Maybe it's time for the performance folks to step up to
the plate and run for the board... We had this issue within DCA a few years ago
and suddenly we had performance people stepping up to the plate and guess what?
They got on the board and made a difference...

These are clubs folks, and in a time when we are dealing with so many dog
related issues that affect all of us, it is time for everyone to work together
and stop treating the others like also rans... If the ship goes down....... we
all go down!

Jessica MacMillan
Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)
& The Shepherd Girls (Simmie, CGC, TDI, TC, HIC & Pepper, HIC)
Member of: DCA, GSDCA & GTCDC

Get free photo software from Windows Live
http://www.windowslive.com/online/photos?ocid=PID23393::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:SI_PH_software:082009