[ SHOWGSD-L ] Schutzhund Thank you

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 02:18:42 -0400

Thank you to all of you who responded with some very excellent advice for my
girl.  I have decided to join this club and give her and me a chance to learn
and have fun with it.  Stormy, you had a good point.  Mina has excelled at
everything I have done with her, in her 18 mos, agility, herding and obedience
and I was expecting the same with this new venue.  Time for me to learn
patience, yeah, right, LOL!

And, just want to make a point about American line GSD's.  Folks, I know they
can and do compete in Schutzhund.  In no way are my comments about the dogs who
have accomplished this or meant to demean American show lines.  I have a great
deal of respect for the dogs and the people who trained them.  My comments are
based only on MY OWN American line GSD's.  They are Mommy's boys and girls and
soft from the standpoint that they just want to be with Mommy.  Doesn't mean
they aren't protective.  Two of them have actually been tested by real bad guys
and came through.  Hackles up and getting between me and the threat with one
actually lunging.  This is fine with me.  I prefer them just the way they are.
Mild mannered, sweet dogs until you need them :-)  I love my American line
GSD's.  They have a beauty that cannot be matched.  I love watching them move
even in the herding arena.  Try having a Dutch shepherd with that crazy drive
and you'll know what I mean, LOL!  You may not wan
 t more than one of these guys.  As much as my Dutchie is such a fun dog, she
makes me appreciate my GSD's even more.

Laura Thomas
AOL at AOL.com.