[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Scenario

  • From: Doris E <irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uwish@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 10:30:19 -0700

Barbara Galasso wrote:

>  Is is okay
>to show just to finish this puppies championship and maybe go higher, or
>do we owe the fancy when we show these animals that people are going to
>want to use these bloodlines?  So I guess the question is, is it okay to
>show just for yourself and not breed this animal, or if you are going to
>show that the animal should be able to bred......even though some
>bitches never have a litter as the above rumored bitch did not?   And
>before someone says, what about the litter mates?  Someone might use
>them.  We'll say that the puppy is an only puppy just to make it a more
>interesting scenario.  Best wishes,  Barbara

In my opinion, a person has a right to show a dog or bitch and not breed
them. Showing an animal is a choice a person makes.  This is not a
promise to allow the dog to produce more dogs. I have know several
people who could well afford to breed and campaign multiple dogs make
the choice not to do this.  The simple pleasure of campaigning a
beautiful animal was quite enough for them.  And, as Evan would say, not
that there is anything wrong with that.  <G> All dog owners do not have
the temperament to be breeders.     Doris