[ SHOWGSD-L ] Scam with a twist

  • From: candiasgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 20:21:46 GMT

In the last week and a half I have been called 3 times by relay operators for
the deaf inquiring about puppies.  The first 2 times I figured my daughter had
written the e-mail addresses down wrong since I was never able to reach the
parties involved.  I thought it was strange that the e-mail addresses were
totally different as it must be the same person.  Well, today I was home,
took the call and immediately e-mailed the person.  Here's their response to
me.  It has scam written all over it.  Since I work for the State of Wyoming I
think I will contact our Attorney General's office on Monday.  I can't believe
that they are stooping so low as to use a relay operator to give the
impression that they are a deaf person.  People never cease to amaze me.  I
did respond to "Rebecca" that I only sold to people that came in person and
that I only took cash.  Hmm, haven't heard back from "her."

CandyZ

Hi  ,

Thanks very much for your email, it was really nice

speaking with you
on the relay call, you have to bear with me as I have

hearing
problems, hence the use of the relay call.  The reason

I am sending
you this email is to make final reconfirmation of one of

the  pup
which is $500 and ,also to let you know that payment

will be by
certified USPS (United States Postal Servce) Money

Order. In view of
this I need you to email me any information that may

be required to
send the Money Order, as I do not want to send the

Money Order to a
wrong location lest they gets into the wrong hands.

Regarding the shipping, I have a company that takes

care of the pick
up of my consignments for me and ship to my

destination anywhere in
the U.S.A, you do not worry about shipping, the

company will send down
a representative to arrange the sales documentation

and the pick up
from your end for onward transfer to my destination.

I also want to alert you on the fact that you will be

recieving an
overdraft Money Order, which will cover the money for

the pickup
(pickup and shipping to the final destination) as well

as the money to
be paid to the company that will take care of the

pickup and the
documentation with you.  So please, as soon as you

receive the Money
Order, go and cash them immediately, deduct the

money that accrues to
you, and send the balance to the Head Office of the

company that
handles the shipment in London United Kingdom via

the nearest Western
Union agent in your area.  Deduct the Western Union

charges from the
balance and send the remaining to London

immediately .

The Money Order will be in your name to make it

easier for you to
receive payment, deduct your money  and send the

balance via Western
Union as regards my earlier direction, please

reconfirm your details
one more time.

I will give you the details of the company that you will

send the
balance of the money to in London once I get a reply

and agreement
that you will send the money to London via Western

Union money
trnasfer immediately you cash the Money Order.

Once the money is received by the agent in London ,

the shipping agent
will contact you immediately to arrange the

documentation as well as
the pick up immediately.  So in view of the above,

here are some of
the details I will need  for final issuance of the USPS

Money Order to
you.

(1)  Full Name
(2)  Mailing address, no p.o.box  please
(3)  your direct telephone number
(4)  acceptance of my offer

Once you get back to me with all the above, the

Money Order will be
issued out immediately and it will be sent to you .
Hope to hear from you immediately.

Regards,
 Rebecca
N.B.  : I will pay you extra $50 to reserve this for me