[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Satin Balls

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: zgrace_grace@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 13:55:55 -0500

Satin balls (known to some of us Magic Meatballs) are a food you mix up,
form into meatballs, and feed to dogs who (a) are picky eaters  or (b)
need to gain weight and overall condition, but especially weight.
       I've fed them in the past ... they work a charm!  There are
several variations to the recipe, but here's one for those who haven't
tried it......(and there are people who swear this can be a complete
diet, altho I've never used the meatballs except as a supplement)........
Peggy
                Magic Meatballs (Satin Balls)

      10 pounds hamburger meat [the cheapest kind]
      1 lg. box of Total cereal
      1 lg. box oatmeal
      1 jar of wheat germ
      1 1/4 cup veg oil
      1 1/4 cup of unsulfured molasses
      10 raw eggs AND shells
      10 envelopes of unflavored gelatin
      pinch of salt

Mix all ingredients together, much like you would a meatloaf.

Divide into 10 quart freezer bags and freeze.

Thaw as needed and feed raw!