[ SHOWGSD-L ] Santa Maria shows

  • From: "edwinx" <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "freelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:16:15 -0800

In my short eight or nine year career showing dogs and attending after parties
and dinners, I have never ever experienced a party like the one put on by the
Santa Maria club members in general, and Cindy and Bev in specific...I have
gone to some outstanding ones, including the one I put on several years ago
when my dog finished, but this one was the Party of all Parties...the funny
thing is that I have never attended this California show.....for those that
know me well...this show is too close to fly and too far to drive..its a 4 1/2
hour drive from my house...anything over three and I stay home or
fly...Sunday's Judge: This woman, a provisional judge, judging her first show,
judging in her own "backyard" where I am assuming she knew almost all the dogs
and almost all the people......I would think this would not be the easiest
thing to do....but this judge judges dogs, not handlers, not people , not
reputations!....how do I know this?.....well two ways, first I know the judge,
and second she put up the same handler on both sides, winners dog and bitch,
and this handler, a very good and competent handler but not one of the
Nationally Famous handlers, and the same owner owned both dogs!.....whats my
point...well many judges don't have the GUTS ( I wanted to use a nother word
that started with a B ) to put up the same handler much less the same
owner....they are afraid of what folks may think or say ( shame on you)...but
not this judge...she is a judge who understands the responsibility she was
given on this day to judge DOGS to the best of her ability...she left politics
to the red states and the blue states...and just so you don't think I am
biased...I did not have a dog in that show, never done business with this judge
or her husband, got no axe to grind one way or the other, just reporting the
facts...its nice when I can add a judge to the list of judges that I would show
under....lately I have been scratching judges OFF my list....Mrs. Root
......you were outstanding...thank you!...on to DENVER   unless it
snows......Ed Hill