[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Salt Lake (Farmington)

  • From: "Liane Fossland" <lfossland@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <wasatchgsd@xxxxxxxxx>, <k9krazz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 11:25:47 -0700

Thank you, Carolyn. It is good to hear that these facilities are ok. I hope
that our new Board will make a decision according to what they KNOW and not
what they HEAR. My guess is we'll be allright, I was really looking forward
to Utah since I missed the last two Nationals.
Lee F.

  From: Janice Buchanan To: k9krazz@xxxxxxxxx Cc: DA LIST Sent: Tuesday,
October 20, 2009 7:23 PM

  I don't know what the official host hotel will be, but there are several
hotels and motels in the
  Layton area that are dog friendly and about 10 minutes from the show site.
If you're concerned
  about availability, you could probably make a reservation at
one,...........
  ............The site in Farmington is not the one used for the Beehive
Cluster that Kathy was mentioning.
   The Farmington site is the one used for the Bonneville Basin KC shows in
the fall, and was where the
  Futurity and Salt Lake Specialty shows were held.  Neither used the arena
or horse facilities.
  .......... I believe the GSDCA was planning to use sod for the arena fairg
  ....... and I thought the fairgrounds was going to build some improved
stall areas - not positive on that,
  maybe someone else has the packet?
  The RV parking proposed for the National was behind the Arena - not in the
parking lot used for the
  All Breed shows.
  Average weather for early October is 60's and 70's, though anything is
possible <g>.   We get
  an occassional nightime freeze, but snow is usually higher in the
mountains or farther north.
  As Connie said, last weekend was high 70's and sunny.  This week we had a
cool front with some rain
  that dropped us down to the low 60's, but the rest of the week is supposed
to be sunny and warmer.
     Lodging and food are reasonable in cost - lower than many locations,
and yes, you can buy alcohol here
  if you want it.  There a quite a few restaurants with microbrewerys in the
Ogden area, and recent changes in
  the state laws have eliminated the "private club" requirements for other
drinks.  I don't drink, but friends who
  do don't seem to have any problem finding places to party!

  I'm sure the board or some of the Salt Lake club members can provide more
information - I live further north
  so I'm not really in the loop on everything.  I do hope we get the chance
to show you all some great hospitality
  and a wonderful time next year!

  Janice Buchanan
  Harrisville, UT (north of Ogden)