[ SHOWGSD-L ] STANDING IN THAT ARENA

  • From: "Mo Murkland" <murk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 19:37:06 -0600

   I can not even begin to tell you what an awesome feeling it was to stand in
that arena.........it was then that I finally believed that Jerry Lee won the
Hero Award! As his story was read, I saw all those faces of the kids, the
beautiful kids!  I saw the Grandmas chasing us down the hall to get just one
more hug.........I saw the Vietnam Handlers just sobbing as they held him and
talked to him.  I saw Jerry Lee putting his front feet up on the hammocks of
the profound kids......and saw their eyes light up, even thru all their
troubles, when they saw him. There was one point that I looked at Little
Richard, his son, and I saw the MAN himself setting next to him!
   I want to thank the GSDCA for such a wonderful honor to my sweet MAN, it
truly was the greatest day of my life! I want to thank Ginny Altman for taking
so much time with me and for crying with me.........YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!
Mo and Little Richard