[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: ST LOUIS / Nationals & Judges

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Ken Tank'" <tanksr@xxxxxxxxx>, <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 13:06:55 -0700

I sure agree with this whole post.
Ultimately what makes every Specialty show work....
is the JUDGES!
We will all travel for judges we trust to give our
dogs an honest and good look win lose or draw!
Show sites that are good and easily accessible are
the frosting on the cake that make us glad to travel
to those shows.
also...yep....AKC MUST make money to stay in business.

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

From: Ken Tank [mailto:tanksr@xxxxxxxxx]
To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Carolyn Martello; freelist
Subject: Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: ST LOUIS / Canadian Nationals

I don't disagree, Ed, but the AKC and the PC have to make money to exist.
Sounds evil but it is realistic.
The San Diego club still has the Pacific Coast Victor/Victrix.
What makes it all work? Ultimately the judges.
If people are confident that they will get an honest look they will come,
but you also need to have the show where people can get to it
So I don't have a problem with the AKC being a "pimp". They have to.
So does the PC and the PC needs to get a lot better at it.

Ken

On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 7:28 PM, <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The AKC is a pimp, if they see enough dollars they'll go along with
anything!Many don't agree but the conformation game needs to change and it
needs to change quickly. The thing appears to be slowly dying.  What ... A
five point major is 12 dogs in many locations?  First thing AKC needs to do
is get rid of majors. But that's a whole other question . The German
ShepherdDog will continue to be the greatest man made breed of all.... In
spite of the humans. Ed Hill
Sent from Xfinity Connect Mobile App