[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: SO WHY JOIN THE GSDCofAMERICA

  • From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
  • To: wynsum@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 20:57:24 EDT

In a message dated 5/11/2005 5:47:37 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
wynsum@xxxxxxx writes:
If you  can get all the perks without paying $66 a year, why  join?

I think that is an astute question, a question more and more are beginning
to examine. But not really the point.
The only membership requirement in what I am talking about, a tribute, is
that the person has had some involvement in the breed , or has mentored or
started someone in that direction. Yes , the other requirement, sadly, is that
the submitted individual has passed on..People of non inclusive, or cliquish
ideals, think of the GSD "Fancy" as being limited to exhibitors, breeders,
etc.....NOT SO.  Mom , Dad and their 2.5 kids, with brand new GSD puppy are
part
of the "Fancy", and so are a multitude of others. I would hate to exclude  and
would not the parent, friend or mentor responsible for getting a great
future handler, breeder, vet, judge , trainer into the breed. I would not be
apt
to do much exclusion at all........there's already WAY too much of that going
on  .
Kathy