[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [SHOWGSD-L] interesting ... HSUS

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 13:50:43 EDT

We do have to differentiate between HSUS and local shelters, though.   This
is how H$U$ gets much of its money.   From the start, it took the name Humane
Society of the United States, and people very naturally assumed that this was
the BIG Humand Society that covered all the local ones.   Uh, Uh!

Many local animal control dog pounds now give them selves another name
(Animal Services, Animal Control, etc.), but most still call themselves humane
societies.   And H$U$ capitalizes on that fact.

If a local animal control (humane society) is behaving in the way Diane
describes, (and I think there was lots more problems there, if I remember
reading
correctly), it's up to us to working on correcting the problem.   And there
will be massive resistance (check L.A. county/city for a prime exampleof
massive
resistance!) and YOU will be blamed (If you didn't breed all those dogs
running around the streets and misbehaving in their new owners homes, the
shelters
would, of course, be empty...NOT!).

Read Nathan Winograd's "Redemption" or go to one of his seminars...one is
coming near you, check his website for his schedule.   (
http://www.nathanwinograd.com).   Also check out this website.
(http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/)

There's lots of good information out there.

Stormy

In a message dated 9/22/08 10:31:10 AM, Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx writes:

> In a message dated 9/22/08 10:19:07 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> dianeroberts.gsd@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> > Many shelter and rescue dogs that are a light positive are not treated but
> > put on monthly preventative and the adult heartworm die off over a period
> of
> > 1 to 2 years, the monthly preventative kills off the microfilaria (babies)
> > just as it does with your dogs when they are bitten by the mosquito and
> get
> > microfilaria.
> >

> this bitch had NOTHING done for her while in the shelter.  no treatment, no
> preventative, no NOTHING.  my point was that, with all the money that HSUS
> is
> raising under the guise that they are helping the dogs, they are not
> spending
> it on the medical issues of those in need.  i do understand that the
> situation
> differs in various regions BUT, in northern california, there is no excuse
> for
> that bitch not being treated.
> diane
> Diane Strasser

http://www.FairhopeGSD.com
Dogs love is different. It requires no return.

Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial
calculators.