[ SHOWGSD-L ] [ SHOWGSD-L Re: USDA License

  • From: "Connie" <ValleSaladoGSD@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 19:29:21 -0700

I was thinking the same thing but maybe they got her on the exhibitor clause
. If that is the case though what about dog shows. Surely he must be
stretching this a bit.

Animal Exhibitors
If you have animals on display to the public or conduct performances
featuring animals, you must become licensed as an exhibitor. When first
contacting APHIS about a license, indicate the number and species of exhibit
animals you have on hand because the license fee is determined by the number
of animals held or exhibited. Also, indicate the annual income you receive
from exhibiting animals and from trading in animals. The annual license fees
for an exhibitor are based on the number of animals held or exhibited.
Under special circumstances, exhibitors may be registered instead of
licensed, which requires no fee. This applies to some noncommercial
exhibits, such as municipal deer parks that do not charge admission and
exhibit only animals native to the area.

If you have a traveling animal show that goes to more than one State, send
your itinerary along with your license application to the AC Regional Office
in the area where you have your permanent office or winter quarters.
Inspections may be conducted at sites where your show is performing.