[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [SHOWGSD-L] NEW STUD DOGS to CT

  • From: <tekgirl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 23:08:37 +0000

Found this pic of the dog mentioned in the email below:
http://www.fleischerheim.com/Yasko.htm

I am normally not a big fan of German style (mostly cuz of the roachy
backs), but he is really gorgeous!  I am actually liking this
thread.........learning lots!

Is, or was, there a reason for the roached backs?  Just curious......in Am
lines we breed (structurally) for the purpose of movement and being able to
herd all day, for example.  Just wondering if there was a structural purpose to
the roached backs of the german style dogs?