[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: SDakota.... State Law will require Health Cert for all dogs...

  • From: TerraNorte@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 10:39:41 EST

This will kill these shows. AKC has worked hard to help this region by
reducing the dog numbers required for majors and allowing clubs to host 3 &  4
day shows - but this will drive a nail deep into the coffin. I like to
exhibit  at the shows in Rapid City and Vermillion - but I am not going to add
the $$ for  health certificates on top of fuel, lodging, entry fees, and
meals........

That they are laying enforcement on the show committees is  outrageous.....
 Time for AKC to get their legislative arms around this  one.

~ Val Manning

In a message dated 1/26/2011 9:22:46 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
Stormy435@xxxxxxx writes:
Forwarded:
Author of the post below is president of the Sioux Empire  KC based in
Sioux Falls SD. She is a long-time friend whose dogs are  titled in
every venue they are eligible to compete in. , You may  recall that
Sioux Falls SD is where the Dan Christensen debacle  wound down to its
conclusion with dismissal of all charges against  Dan,  and the
resulting suit against everyone involved in  seizing his dogs and
attempting to prosecute him., I don't see any  slippage in the rules
cited. , I doubt it is mere coincidence that  the SD Veterinary Board
has contacted Pam (and probably Rapid City  KC and all clubs that hold
trials for performance or companion  events) to say it intends to
enforce a rule it has ignored for 20  years. In all probability,  the
relevant authority in every  state has been contacted by AR crusaders
and advised to demand those  HCs or gear up for a lawsuit. HSUS,  as I
recall,  has 30  attorneys on the payroll and claims hundreds of
volunteers are  available for pro bono work., Brace yourselves.,
elaine,  **********************,

CROSSPOSTING  REQUESTED,

Forwarded
I got a call yesterday (Jan 25, 2011) from  the Office our our SD
Veterinary Board. They wanted to make us aware  that our shows require
each and every dog on the premises requires a  Health Certificate
issued in the last 30 days. As a Club we need to  provide the State
proof that entered dogs have provided us with a  Health Certificate
before they enter the ring. I have read the code  as well as spoken
with my Veterinarian
http://legis.state.sd.us/rules/DisplayRule.aspx?Rule=12:68:12
. It  is a law that has been on the books since 1991. As a club if we
enforce this it will break us! We can hire a Vet to give Health
Certificates at the door. As a club we will need to check that all  is
a go with the Health Certificates prior to a dog entering the  ring. WE
can't afford to hire a vet for every ring nor can we police  everyone
entering the building. Our hands are tied,  what do we  do? Supposedly
this isn't just SD it is going to be enforced  everywhere., HELP!!,

Pam Bethke, SEKC President , 2011 SEKC Show  Chair

Stormy Hope
www.carpoc.org
UPDATED  EVENTS/LINKS!
AKC Legislative Liaison, GSDCA
GSDCA Legislation  http://tinyurl.com/2bwzy5x
Sunshine Squad  showgsd.org/sunshine.html

POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.