[ SHOWGSD-L ] Response to: Whites once again

  • From: Debbie Britch <ddkennels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 12:55:20 -0700 (PDT)

Where were the people fighting to keep the standard intact when whites were
MADE a DQ for arguments that no longer hold water? Whites in dobes is an
abomination, with pink eyes, deafness and serious health issues, is this an
argument you wish to proceed with, apples & oranges seriously, spotted labs
were never accepted in their standard as WGSD's were once before someone
CHANGED it. Logic forms an argument emotion makes it irrelevant. For the people
who still wonder...maybe in the 80's white breeders were not members of the
parent club BUT they are now, and have been for some time. Im sure they are not
advertising their preference considering the "hate and ridicule" they must
endure. Both the WGSD clubs ( WGSDCA & WGSDCII) encourage and promote
membership to the parent club. I suggest if your out their reading this my
friends, time is now to stand up & be counted.

Msg: #10 in digest
From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Whites once again
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 11:23:06 -0700
And for whatever reason their two colors are allowed to be one
Breed....according to
their Standard.
Wonder if they would allow white Labs.......or spotted Labs....after
all.....they could
do Obedience and Search and Rescue ....so why not throw out their Standard
also??
Dalmations could be all black......with white patches on the chest...it would
not
affect their work either........hmmmm.....and those pesky Dobe's....a white
could do
that Breed a lot of good.....And build their entries at the shows....maybe a
'special class
for white Dobes......<G>
Then we could copy the Labs and Dals and Dobe's and follow suit....and after
all they
may already do that in Europe.........and I see no harm in a coated Dal or
Dobe......<G>
For whatever reason.........our Standard is near perfect for a near perfect
Breed.  There
surely is no harm in leaving it as it is.    Where IS the harm in that?

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com

  -----

"When it comes to the last hour of your life, it will be a great consolation to
feel that you always protected the poor, the helpless, and the unfortunate; and
that you excercised a particular care toward animals."--Caroline Earle White