[ SHOWGSD-L ] Rescue update...as short as I can be.....

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 04:21:06 -0700 (PDT)

  With Easter coming this Sunday, the shelters will typically "empty out" on
Thursday. Many facilities are closed on Friday, being Good Friday and people
are eager for the long holiday.
  LHSH is working to extricate as many GSDs as is humanly possible in the next
48 hours...and we can use all the help we can get.
  While there are many that we will not find in time, there are those we are
aware of and working hard to pull and find foster for!
   Seven year old Sarah was found abandoned in a home with a senior beagle and
some cats. She is frightened and confused in her Ohio shelter. A LHSH volunteer
is going to this facility today to whisk both her and a sable female named
Shelby to safety. Lisa is unable to hold either for long; we will need
transport or foster for both. Tristan is with Ann in NC and is in need of
transport to NY. He is a sweetie who was obviously a house dog in his former
life and is in need of his forever person. There are three GSDs in a Florida
kill facility who are in desperate straights! We are hoping someone can step up
and offer them sanctuary before Thursday, when I am certain their "time will be
up".
  We have a 2 month old in a shelter in South Carolina...the price for this
little ones life is a mere 52$. In a Whiteville NC gassing facility, a senior
brood bitch who has been bred to death awaited her fate. There is not much call
for an older gal with down ears
whose figure has failed her. Thanks to our Guardian Angel, Nick, she has an
offer  of board in Elizabethtown Veterinary Hospital until we can find foster
for her.
Two more have had their pull fees paid, but are in dire need of transport. One
is in Arkansas and one in Alabama...both going to Holly Hill, SC.
 There were two GSDs surrendered to a kill facility in Indiana; both from
documented show lines. One actually WAS a former show dog; the other a brood
bitch. While the male was adopted to a good home, the female is still
waiting...her name is Amber Rose and you can see her photo and her story on our
forum.
  There are two pages of critical German Shepherds on our Last Hope forum. The
majority of these dogs will be "unavailable" after Thursday. If you are able to
either transport, foster, assist with pulls or donate toward their release,
PLEASE...consider doing so now!!! Your donation can mean the difference between
life and death for a GSD who sits silently waiting.
 Each holiday signals a mass emptying of the facilities throughout the
country....LHSH has now participated in the salvation of more than 140 German
Shepherds nationally....140 German Shepherds whose lives have been forever
changed because of the compassion of the people on this list....140 German
Shepherds say...."THANK YOU".......as do we.
As always...
Dawn Restuccia, Pres. and founder
Lasthopesafehaven.com

Dawn Restuccia, Pres.