[ SHOWGSD-L ] Rescue Update

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 12:51:36 -0700 (PDT)

The following is a poem that appears on the GSRNE site regarding a 14 year old
GSD that was found wandering the streets of Rhode Island during Christmas. As a
last ditch effort, the ACO contacted GSRNE who came to her aide.
This story showcases what the Rescues do each and every day....give their
heart, their time, their money, and their blood to salvage that which society
has deemed "unadoptable"....we can do no less than give them our support and
our undying gratitude for miracles that they are able to accomplish on a
shoestring.
http://www.gsrne.org/poems/one_by_one.htm

Elsa is a Senior owner turn in who was left in a shelter in Appomattox County
Virginia. Her sweet and loving disposition belies her horrific condition;
weighing no more than 40 pounds
and severe ear infections in both ears. Karin Baldwin (our VP) picked her up
and transported her to the Veterinarian this morning. She will be treated
through The Diesel Fund, and then need a good foster or forever home. If you
can find it in your heart to help Elsa find HER way home, PLEASE contact Karin
Baldwin at mkbaldwin@xxxxxxxxxxxx
The Diesel Fund is supported entirely by Katherine Nall and her husband from
Michigan, and we are very grateful for their generosity! If you would like to
donate to Elsa's care, please contact Karin and she will be able to give you
the veterinarian information.
Thank you!!!!
The Members of Last Hope, Safe Haven Inc.

http://www.gsrne.org/poems/one_by_one.htm

Dawn Restuccia, Pres.
Last Hope, Safe Haven
Donations may be made to: