[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Red Varmint to the Rainbow Bridge

  • From: "steve d." <cimarrongsd@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 20:22:47 -0500

I want to thank many of you for your kind words on the sudden loss of my
champion Amy.
I forgot to mention that Amy had just turned seven years old.
I had a 'quick' necropsy performed on Amy the day after she passed away.
She was negative for bloat, torsion, spleen problems, no fluid around the lungs
or heart.  She did have a VERY enlarged purple gall bladder that looked as if it

were ready to 'explode'.  The vet took out the gall bladder for further
examination
and to send off samples to see if it is cancerous.
He said she had possible cholangitis (gall bladder infection) (pending tissue
sample
results for cancer).  He also seemed to think that it is possible for
cholangitis to
become rapidly fatal.

From emedicine: "Cholangitis is an infection of the biliary tract with the
potential to
cause significant morbidity and mortality. Many patients with acute cholangitis
respond to antibiotic therapy; however, patients with severe or toxic
cholangitis
may not respond and may require emergency biliary drainage."

Amy had large amounts of bile coming from her mouth the morning after her death.

Ch Cimarron's American Girl OFA (03/21/2005 - 05/13/2012)
Sixth Champion of Eight from a single litter of Ten.
http://www.cimarron-gsd.com/Dogs/americangirl.html

It really depressed me today when I buried Amy when I realized that my
3 graves were sisters.

/steve d.
Visit Cimarron Shepherds on the Web!
http://www.cimarron-gsd.com/
http://www.gsdcstl.org/
Happiness is German Shepherd slobber on your car window.