[ SHOWGSD-L ] Read at your own risk

  • From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 08:23:48 -0700 (PDT)

...Over the past few days I have read the posts about health, bloat,and nutro
max...there are three big no no's on this list...talking about politics, sex,
and religion...well I have my own personal three big no no's...critiquing
judges, National locations, and Dog food...it's my opinion that folks get too
carried away when these items come up for discussion so I decided not to
comment publicly anymore.....today I will break my own rule....let me start out
by talking about me...I'm 5'9" and 265 pounds....my diet sucks, I'm addicted to
fast food, sugar, fried foods, and I eat far too much red meat...I'll spare you
my health problems, but let me say they are mostly diet related...humans ( me
included) were not made to eat the way many of us eat, refined sugars,
processed foods out of a can or a box,high amounts of fat, large amounts of red
meat, all the added chemicals and bi-products. We were designed to eat grains,
fruits, and vegetables ( our teeth and gastronomic
 structure supports that statement)...Our dogs were not created to eat
processed foods out of a can, box or bag that have been chemical enhanced
and/or chemically altered. A dog's jaw structure is basically the same as a
wolf ( in fact he is a wolf, re-classified by zoologists in 1993). He has fangs
to rip flesh, and powerful jaws to grind bone. His intestinal system can digest
things that ours can not, his system was not set up to handle grains. Many
believe the dog food companies have your dog's best interest at heart...that's
like me believing Burger King and Kentucky Fried Chicken have my best interest
at heart. Dog food companies exist to make a profit! PERIOD...and I'm not
saying they are bad folks...and I'm not saying if you feed you dogs commercial
dog food your dog is doomed...I suspect if I ate a diet closer to what my
creator intended me to eat I would not be in the poor physical shape I'm in
now...if that true for me it's true for my dog...but unlike me, my dog
 has no choice in the type of food he eats....Man domesticated dogs, but they
didn't do him any favors when they domesticated his diet........ off to
McDonald's.....SUPER SIZE ME PLEASE....Ed Hill