[ SHOWGSD-L ] Raw food and other stuff...long

  • From: "edwinx" <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "freelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 14:16:59 -0800

Northern California listers near Lodi, Sacramento, Stockton...there is a place
called "Grand Dad's" in Lodi...I have some good stories about Lodi (yes they
are "G" rated stories) but this is not the place for them!!!..They sell raw
products including veggies, whole chicken including bones , beef livers and
hearts all grounded up in two pound packages...they are on the pricy
side...averaging 1.25 to 1.75 per pound depending on the item...they do deliver
and they do ship, but ofcourse that costs more...I went today for the first
time...the woman who helped me was on the phone so I waited patiently like my
grandmother taught me....more about her later...I noticed on the wall several
pictures of a winning Australian Cattle dog with a black adult female
handler...how rare is that!...I further noticed that the handler was the same
woman on the phone. When she hung up we got into a very long conversations
about several things... why there are just a few minorities in general and
African Americans in specific involved in this sport...she also wanted to know
why "Shepherd People" are so rude and nasty...she says that our double handling
is so bad she hates to show in the ring next to us at all-breed shows...because
I am so charming and articulate I was able to tell her about why and how we
"Shepherd People" do things...she will be at an all-breed show that I am
showing at this weekend...I was so convincing that I almost had her willing to
show my Shepherd on Saturday....Basu stiffed me...lol...(not really)......with
Thanksgiving coming up ( I think Canada had theirs last month) it reminds me of
what my grandmother used to say...she said "the best way to keep what you have
is to give it away"...I always think about that during thanksgiving...she had a
saying about Christmas too, but you will have to wait till next month to hear
that one...off to class...I HATE SCHOOL....FB