[ SHOWGSD-L ] Raleigh, OSHA, etc

  • From: Sheree Moses <shereemosesgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 10:51:28 -0400

Just a few things.
Big kudos to Bill Pfeiffer and his club, the shows held in Raleigh last week
went on extremely well despite the weather and the close judging times.  It was
great to see such nice entries, so many people and dogs. Congratulations to all
the winners, and most particularly to Jack and Joyce Eberts, for their 5 point
win with Bobby (AKA Zimbabwe), an Aregon son out of Liberia.  Also to Peggy
Kurz on Chewie's (Bronson/Liberia) debut, another 5 points.  I missed most of
the action (except for Bobby's win), had a little technical difficulty, then
left for my nephew's wedding....but here's the real reason for my post....let
me be a bad example for everyone, NOT to follow.
Wednesday morning I was using a dremel (just like for the last 30 years) to
grind a Labrador's nails....and the sandpaper part flew off and hit me in the
eye, necessitating a trip to the ophthalmologist's to have the debris scraped
off my cornea.  And yes, it was every bit as unpleasant as it sounds, and I was
lucky it wasn't worse.  I've been in a patch most of the time since then, and
am going back for my second re-check tomorrow.   WEAR SAFETY GLASSES WHEN USING
A DREMEL!!   Sheree