[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Rainbow bridge for Reggie

  • From: Bill Basu <billgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rfreeny@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 22:06:06 -0800 (PST)

Bob,
Thank you for posting about Reggie. Liz and Richard are fortunate to have a
friend like yourself.

During my relatively short time in the world of GSD's i've had the privelage of
visiting two great producing dogs at their homes where they lived the "good
life" as the family pet. Both of these dogs were the "apple of their owner's
eyes" as well they should have been. For both of these great dogs embodied the
true spirit and character of the GSD. They were proud,confident, highly
intelligent, very loyal to their human owners and at the same time friendly and
approachable to friendly strangers. Both of these dogs had a "calm" to them
that was reassuring and both of them had the "eyes" that you could really look
into their soul. We are lucky, both of  these dogs have turned out to be great
producers, they have passed on their great character and tempermant to their
progeny and the breed is better off for the contribution of both of these dogs.
I am so lucky to have the owners of both of these dogs call me their friend and
give me the privelage of showing
 their dogs.They are both quality, quality people who have integrity high on
their list and love of the GSD as pre-eminent in their hearts.  The first dog
was BOSS owned by Carolyn and Frank Martello, the second dog was Reggie owned
by Richard and Liz Sottile.
Richard and Liz, we are so sorry for your loss, but we are so glad that you had
the pleasure of Reggie in your life and you were able to share him with us all.
He was truly a great ambassador for the breed. Thank you for caring enough
about the breed to have the faith in a dog like Reggie.

Bill