[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: R.V. Parking/National entries???

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: f.fasano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 13:35:51 EST

In a message dated 1/31/2007 11:57:49 A.M. Central Standard Time,
f.fasano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Dear Greg - the RV rally brought in huge generators that power 20  RV s each-
At the October meeting  the plan was to do the same  thing for our show-
which I believe would not violate the County  Contract with the RV Park a
mile and one half away.
I suspect the  cost was prohibitive as Nanci Nellis and Molly Snyder pursued
the  other route of hot wiring the building, which I do believe violates the
County contract-Kris

The RV rally did in fact bring in generators.....their function was
completely surrounded by their purpose, RV's so it was part of the  contract to
have
them.   The GSDCA function is a dog  show.....generators were not part of the
contract and there could have  been an issue getting them.  I don't know, I
never checked.  I  have no idea what the costs would have been.   After having
had  the letter request from our pres then hung to dry on that one, I was not
going to do anything else in negotiations with the place without direction
from the show chair, who in fact makes arrangements for the  national.  Her
job.

Nanci and I are not electricians, guaranteed.  She did not  pursue hot wiring
(whatever that is) the building.  The management  suggested this route so the
generator issue was moot.  I know Nanci  liked the idea and that is how it
came to fruition. I sincerely doubt SMG  would include this in their addendum
knowing it would be violating any  contract.   As I mentioned, they are in good
faith working to  make this national work for everyone.
Molly

Trillia  German Shepherds since 1974
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont,  Life member CKC
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog  biscuits in your pocket
and then give him only two of  them>>>>Phil  Pastoret