[ SHOWGSD-L ] RESCUE UPDATES....yes, a little early! Be patient...I am getting to the point

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 04:59:41 -0800 (PST)

On Thursday will dawn yet another Thanksgiving....and for  many of us across
the country, it will mean the rush of baking the prerequisite apple pie, the
scent of turkey wafting through the house, the arrival of family and guests who
will gather at the table and reflect on yet another year.
Some of us will dine alone, or maybe gather at a local restaurant....but EACH
of us...no matter where we are...will not be able to quiet that little voice
inside that reminds us to be grateful that we are here and able partake of all
of the blessings this great Nation has to offer.
I am reminded of an email I received this morning, about a small child, living
in poverty who through determination and faith,  was able to save .57 cents
with the hopes that a Sunday school could be built so that no child would be
left in the cold and unable to worship. On her passing, the money was found in
her crumpled purse by the Pastor who had befriended her. To quote this email
(as I could not put words to it any better than what I received);
  "When you are in
                the city of Philadelphia, look up Temple Baptist
                Church, with a seating capacity of 3,300 And be sure to visit
Temple University, where thousands of students are
                educated. Have a look, too,
                at the Good Samaritan Hospital and at a Sunday School
                building which houses hundreds of beautiful children,
                built so that no child in the area will ever need to be left
outside during Sunday school time."
All of this because of the dedication of one small child.....
The members of LHSH would like to take this opportunity to remind each of you
that one voice in this world can make a difference...that the compassion you
show to each other and to the dogs we all love so much CAN change the world. I
am continually amazed at what we have all accomplished in the last year...so
many wonderful dogs are living to see another dawn. Who knows what changes
their presence may bring to those who have chosen to open their homes and
hearts to an dog who was unwanted? To see the light in a childs eyes, as a
loving GSD washes his face and helps him to connect to the outside world...or
an elderly person who is able to once again feel the warmth of fur against
their skin, bringing back a flood of memories from their youth and perhaps a
dog that once shared their life...to hear the laughter of children as they
delight in the antics of a puppy who only days before was facing a death we
could not imagine....
So as Thursday dawns in your town....please keep a special place in your heart
for all those who sit waiting....hoping....YOU may be their Last Hope. You CAN
change their world and rewrite the story of their life. What better way to give
Thanks?
LHSH would like to wish everyone on this list a blessed Thanksgiving!!
The Team from LHSH and the 260 German Shepherd Dogs who are alive thanks to
you!!!!

Dawn Restuccia, Pres.
Last Hope, Safe Haven Inc.
501c3 non profit charity