[ SHOWGSD-L ] REGION DIRECTORS OR SMALLER BOARD

  • From: "Doc Zoe" <wynsum@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 15:28:54 -0400

Since nobody seems to have read this post, On 10 Jun 2011, at 14:06, Doc Zoe
wrote:

I do tech support for a COUNTY DOCTORS GROUP

They have 18 directors
President
President Elect
VP
Secretary
Treasurer

Plus a Paid Secretary office Manager (Corresponding Secretary) and a paid
Executive Director

Their membership is barely 600 members

If you want to compare Boards

I sat on the Board of the Nassau County Association for Children With
Learning Disabilities.

Our Board was larger and we had a Paid Office Manager and Executive
Director.  Our Membership was significantly LOWER than the GSDCA

The Number of Directors reflect the amount of work, not the cost

9 Directors would have to be retired to run the GSDCA as each would be
working full time and then some to get everything done. It will also allow for
a small group to
control everything and we need transparency

What would save money is going back to 3 meetings a year ( it was changed
to 4 in the 80s).

If you are going to reduce the Board, you might do it by 4 directors - 2 one
year, and two the
following year.

If you read the BY LAWS, you would know our nominating committee is set up by
REGIONS -
and they pick the people to run.

READ YOUR BY LAWS - they really give you the way things are run.  Then GO TO A
BOARD
MEETING.

They are available in the PandP and separately online

Zoe