[ SHOWGSD-L ] RE A Blueprint for Breed Improvement ( IDEAS???)

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'showgsd'" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2014 22:42:05 -0700

Soon as the buying public learns these are NOT GSD as they are
'supposed'  to be....and the whites have another name if we allow
them to separate.....a lot of this will stop.
ONE of the reasons they insist on staying a part of the GSD name is
solely for the purpose of marketing.   It cannot be because of the DNA
because a LOT OF THINGS are in the DNA of the German Shepherd Dog...AND
a lot of it is exactly what we are trying to breed away from!!

Meantime...there is absolutely NO BENEFIT for the Standard dogs to be
bred to the white dogs.   There is no redeeming feature that we "NEED".
Sure...there ARE some nice dogs...but there are OUTSTANDING Standard dogs!
WE HAVE ALL DONE A GREAT JOB WITH THE DQ!!
There is not one single reason that makes sense to go BACK in time with
a fault!!   As Joan Fox says...GIVE US just ONE GOOD REASON for the
improvement of the Breed to lift the DQ!

When whites were DQ'd....we all started pretty much at the same place.
Standard colors had a lot of things that needed improvement....as did the
white dogs.   BOTH have improved.  BUT... ONLY the white breeders breed for
specific COLOR ONLY....and ( THIS IS NOT A "COLOR" Breed ) ALL their basic
decisions are made according to color.
Our decisions are made according to a lot of other details we are working
on.
THEREFORE we are ahead of them in quality.   NO OTHER REASON!
WE ALSO ARE BREEDING WITH A VERY SMALL GENE POOL.
Theirs is smaller by CHOICE.  Their choices are made according to COLOR.

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

 Date: Friday, August 8, 2014, 9:18 PM

 Joan F. Fox
 17500 Haskins Rd.
 Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44023
 tel: 440-759-4119
 http://www.campaignersgsds.com

 On Friday, August 8, 2014 7:18 PM, Joan Fox <campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

 The Standard for any breed strives to give us a verbal
 picture of the ideal dog in all aspects. These Standards
 evolve over the years but always any changes to them have
 been made with the improvement of the breed in mind.

 I continue to ask "what improvement can the white German
 Shepherds bring to the ideal we should all be breeding for"?

 I have been scouring the internet to find those dogs and
 lines that breed true to that end. I have found a
  few dogs and bitches that stand out but the lack of
 consistency in their lines do not, in my mind, make them
 candidates for inclusion in a breeding program. Perhaps, if
 they were bred to the best of our "colored" lines and few
 "sports" might appear but what about the next generation?

 So they improve by breeding to our dogs. How do we improve
 by breeding to theirs?

 I continue to ask "what improvement can the white German
 Shepherds bring to the ideal we should all be breeding
 for"?

 Joan F. Fox
 17500 Haskins Rd.
 Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44023
 tel: 440-759-4119
 http://www.campaignersgsds.com

Each Author is responsible for the content of his/her post.  This group and
its administrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions
expressed in any post.

http://showgsd.org/mail.html

http://showgsd.org/mail.html