[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: RATTLESNAKE NEXT DOOR--HELP !!!!!

  • From: "Beth Andrews" <gsdbeth@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 16:32:50 -0700

The Vet C;Clinic I work at looked at the rattlesnake vaccine when it first
came out. We are in San Diego, so lots of rattlers. The information from the
manufacturer looked great. Further research showed it only covered one type
of snake. We have 5 different types of rattlesnakes  in San Diego. Research
done with checking titers on vaccinated dogs showed no coverage 1 month
after the dogs were given the vaccine. The most it will do is give you more
time to get the dog to the Vet. We decided not to offer the vaccine. If you
can find a snake aversion clinic in your area I would do that with your
dogs. It is very effective and much cheaper that a trip to the vet clinic.
Beth Andrews