[ SHOWGSD-L ] RALEEF is For the Fancy

  • From: "RivendellP" <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 10:27:45 -0800

 He has not quite been alone.....he has a good committee spread  all over
the country who have made effects to be visible and help in the  cause.....
Molly

Paul adds...

Absolutely Molly...and RALEEF people have done a wonderful job to date and
will do more in 07. 07 will direct many of our efforts on dealing with
Regional, State, and Federal legislation and how to deal with it.

RALEEF is a committee of 19 people but 19 who work to fight the good fight.
We need the help of everyone else or our sport will go the way of the Dodo
bird.

HSUS joined with Doris Day and the Fund For Animals to make it the largest
ARO on the planet with donations in 06 of over $125 million dollars. They
are prepared to spend some $25 of those millions on anti owner/breeder
legislation in 07.

If it was Pollyanna of me to believe we could forge a coalition to fight
that juggernaut...forgive me but please do not lose site of the objective.
We need a concentrated effort from everyone, a lobbyist to lobby on OUR
behalf, and money to back those efforts.

Marhall Meyers is the spokesman for PIJAC...the Pet Industry Joint Advisory
Council. I have known him for some 15 years. He represents the retail side
of the industry...food, toys, and even the large scale breeders...not puppy
mills. He is a bright man with a passion for dogs, cats, and pets...period.
He is virtually the only lobbyist in Washington DC who speaks on our behalf.
Other organizations like NAIA, SAOVA, ACF, ADOA, and the AKC would benefit
from our support. If we could form a coalition of PClubs...Lew's Letter from
RALEEF to other PClub Presidents to form such a coalition, we could offer
that support.

There is no doubt the Hunte affair has been a major bump in the road but we
"will" overcome it...Perhaps in an odd way...it will light the fire in all
of us to support our efforts even more. If we could turn the passion on
Hunte towards the ARO's it could change the course of the way things are
headed now...

Please think about it...

Paul