[ SHOWGSD-L ] Questions and bad bills. Using change.org

  • From: John Lacher <john.lacher@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-I@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 16:40:03 -0700

On Saturday, May 30, 2015, Carolyn Martello <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Most of what you say is definitely the facts Jen. Some States are worse
than others. California has a high ranking for ridiculous bills IMO.

Enough letters end up warranting presence and we need to go there now or
else we will lose. It's sad that it's difficult to find one willing warm
body pet region much less per state!
We can use change.org like everyone else and the gov listens to those quite
well these days when we really want something - 2500 on the list plus 2000
more GSDCA members not on list
JP&P......

As Carolyn stated, California is the worst when it comes to ridiculous
bills and subsequent of passing of bad bills. I found that out when I spoke
to the Govenors office Edmund Gerald "Jerry" Brown Jr.(D) and the all the
Senators and State Representatives. You wouldn't believe the stupidty and
mindset of people.

In reference to change.org, the licensed private investigators in
California initiated a letter writing campaign and telephone calls to the
Governors office, state congressional representatives, law enforcement
agencies throughout California regarding the current laws for concealed
carry weapon. (CCW).

CCW permits are issued by the local county sheriff. Sheriffs Departments
throughout the State of California (3,063) were for and against CCW. 2800
S/O's were against issuing CCW permits. 263 were for CCW. That changed when
we got change.org involved. We had an overwhelming positive response. In
our letters we cc'd every one we contacted. No one was left out. The
Govenor, Senators, and State Representatives hate it when their name is
cc'd. That was the only way to *get their attention. * and we did!

Change.org works. I would suggest change.org as an alternative or in
conjunction to any your letter writing and phone call campaign of any
issue.

Best regards,

john.lacher@xxxxxxxxx