[ SHOWGSD-L ] Purina's spokesman, Mr. Beck

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 11:52:09 EDT

The following is a forward.   I don't know the background (or the
foreground), but thought it was interesting enough to pass on.   There is more
on the
update, please contact privately for the rest.
Stormy
From BSL Updates:

 I assume they totally overlooked Beck's research into the use of robotic
dogs as companions machines to the elderly.

I assume they totally overlooked the fact that Beck testified for Ontario in
the legal challenge here in Canada.

As such I feel it is a conflict of interest that Purina uses this man who is
actively getting paid to exterminate the bully breeds.

To BECK - it is time for you to take responsibility for the deaths of
innocent dogs here in Canada.

I for one have just cleaned out all my Purina products.My conscience simply
will not allow me to use your products.

Sent: Friday, October 13, 2006 2:44 PM
Subject: RE: [BSL-UPDATES] Purina Speaker

for your records....i actually received a response from PURINA:

Thank you for contacting Nestlé Purina PetCare Company.

We appreciate you sharing your comments with us. Your recent email sent to
our Pets for People program was sent to our office for handling. Please know
that Purina partnered with Dr. Alan Beck, Director of the Center for the
Human-Animal Bond, School of Veterinary Medicine, Purdue University, on the
Purina
Senior PetLover Adoption Day campaign because of his wealth of knowledge and
academic credentials in the area of human-animal bond, specifically as it
relates
to the benefits of pet ownership among senior citizens. Dr. Beck's opinions on
other animal-related topics are strictly his personal thoughts, and do not n
ecessarily represent the view of Nestlé Purina. Nestlé Purina PetCare promotes
responsible pet care, humane education, community involvement and the positive
bond between people and their pets.

Again, thank you for sharing your feelings with us.
Purina

 Typical quotes by Mr. Beck:
So the "sweet and loving" and the "don't invade the dogs' space"
arguments fall flat. But you can expect to hear the other usual
For example, "pits don't bite any more than any other dog." In fact,
apologists will say, statistics show (fill in the breed here) bite
more people in the United States than pit bulls. And that's true.
But that's not the point

"You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
                                           Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope
UPDATED 2/11/06....CHECK IT OUT!!!!
www.FairhopeGSD.com