[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Pro Plan Performance Dog Food

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: Amytortoise@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 18:53:04 -0400

Years ago, I had a similar experience with an Eagle Pack puppy kibble.  The
expiration date was a year away but it smelled sour.  I did not feed it.  I
called the company and was told some things to look for.  If the place you buy
the food from stores the food for any length of time in excessive heat or
moisture, it can cause the food to rot.  Kibble held in reasonable conditions
will last til the expiration date and beyond.  Eagle Pack sent me a new bag at
no charge and without having to send anything to them.  I know longer feed
kibble but I dio have a great respect for the company.  Try calling, emailing,
faxing Purina.  They may be bombarded right now with the recalls.  Save the bag
but buy a new one, maybe from a different store.  See if there is a difference
in the smell.  But, kibble should have a gentle smell not a strong smell.  JMHO

Laura Thomas